Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Brunette Goes to DC

 [Union Station]
 [Air Force Memorial]


[Old Town Alexandria]
  



 [The reason we didn't get any cupcakes]
[Old Town Alexandria at night]
 [Tulip blossoms]

Hihi.  After a few days in New York we made our way down to Washington DC to visit some family.  This time we got a chance to go through Union Station.  It really is such a nice train station.  It feels like you're in an episode of Harry Potter.  I've been to DC before and visited every single monument there is, but they recently built a memorial for those who served in the Air Force that we hadn't seen.  Since my uncle was in the Air Force, we thought we'd go check it out.  After checking out the memorial we had lunch in Old Town Alexandria.  Old Town Alexandria is an adorable little town with brick buildings right next to the Patomic River.  I've mostly just visited at night, so it was nice to hang out in the area during the day time.

One of the things I really wanted to check out while in DC was Georgetown Cupcakes.  I was so excited to have a cupcake but was seriously let down when I saw the line.  Like are people insane?  I seriously couldn't believe how long the line was. No cupcakes for me :(

If you want to see more from my trip check out my facebook page!

xoxo
Kareena



Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! I would love to visit sometime soon, the food also looks incredible!

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice scarf! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to go to DC it's so Historical. I see you didn't get any cupcakes. Don't worry i'm sure they weren't as good as Sprinkles lol I'm a LA girl too! xo

    www.gurl-chat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the hot pink cardigan with the denim button up!
    :-)

    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all of the layering you're doing. Too bad you missed the cupcakes!! Double sad face.

    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by!

xoxo
Kareena